A Quick E-Brake Adjustment on the Focus

After fixing the burnt out license plate light, I was feeling ambitious. My e-brake had been not holding like it should be and recently it pretty much stopped working altogether.

I pulled the bag cover over the e-brake off to get to the adjustment bolt.

This allowed me to identify what I needed to actually adjust.

I found out that bolt moves kind of freely so I turned it a few times and tested the brake. Eventually, the brake appeared to be holding like it should with the brake lever in the proper position. I decided to test it on the big hill I have to navigate everyday when I’m in the office. I put it in neutral and it held well.

Everything looked good, so I put the bag cover back on.

This fix, including testing it, took 20-30 minutes. I didn’t realize how easy it actually was, but I am happy my e-brake is fully functioning. Maybe it’ll allow me to have a little more fun when I’m up in Wisconsin during the winter. Stay tuned!

To see more of my adventures, click on the map! Or if you prefer to see a list of more blog entries, click here.

If you want to contact me, click here.

Start your Amazon shopping by clicking on the banner below. It costs you nothing and helps support this blog with a referral commission.



Close